Upgrade your Skills Profile
Electrical Maintenance Training — Online
Online Skills Training is a division of Engineering Training Solutions Ltd
This means we can deliver the very popular “Electrical Maintenance Part 1” course using Online interactive learning techniques.
Who will benefit the most from choosing the Electrical Maintenance Training Part 1 course — Online ?
1) The Maintenance Manager
The Maintenance Manager will plan to build up the Skills Profiles of maintenance staff to ensure that at all times, departmental skills are available to match the dynamic needs of the site. A range of unexpected events (including a worldwide Pandemic maybe) will sometimes hamper this capability especially if key staff are away from work, booked on a training course for a week.
Online training offers the option for staff to continue their skills-upgrade and still fit-in with work commitments and the manager remains confident that a recognised quality learning system is still taking place. By the way, I know that all good Maintenance Managers have great interest in the development of staff and actually, a well structured online learning package with the right tutorial support and feedback might just be the vehicle to develop staff into really confident self-learners.
2) The Engineer, Line-Tech or Apprentice
The Engineer, Line Tech or Engineering Apprentice will always gratefully benefit from further skills training, especially when the course content relates directly to every-day work situations, for example, training to do with fault-finding and testing components requiring knowledge and application of electrical principles, this is used on a regular basis on a wide range of plant and typically delivered in a face to face group situation.
However, within a group of trainees, not everyone has the same great learning experiences and on reflection some might have preferred (having been given the choice) to have had more freedom over some aspects of the traditional course delivery which typically has few freedoms . The list below identifies some benefits of Online Learning which might not have been realised.
Online training offers some useful freedoms
- You have freedom of start dates … roll-on, roll-off
- You have freedom to work at your own pace even when deadlines need to be set for assessment
- Freedom to fit in learning with work commitments
- Tutor support gives continual feedback, the keystone of effective learning
- Tutor support reviews your continual assessment
- Helpful for people learning in a second language
- You have freedom to learn at your own choice of place
- You can actually get things wrong in the comfort of privacy
- Supported Self study develops people as learners
- You can keep practising until you master difficult things
- Helps you to develop confidence in your own learning abilities
- Continue to upgrade your skills profile through the Pandemic
Electrical Maintenance Training Part 1 — Online
This is a 10 Unit Online Course which assumes no previous knowledge of Electrical Maintenance Work, that’s to say, it begins by explaining basic circuit concepts. The course has a comprehensive set of notes to be used alongside the online video screencasts. As the course progresses you will be asked to complete circuit drawings, descriptions of actions, calculations and tests.
If you require an EAL certificate, you would satisfactorily complete all of the course tests and then book a 1 day visit to our training centre in Lancashire to carry out the four practical assessments.
Every training course should have a comprehensive set of Learning Outcomes which clearly defines every Learning Point made on the course. You could download these here if you wish : Alternatively, there’s a brief list of the course content below.
Here’s a brief listing of course content
- Electrical Engineering Standard Form
- Legislation and Regulations
- Current Flow Theory
- The Electrical Circuit
- Using the Multimeter .. practical tasks
- Testing cables for faults …. Assessment
- Industrial Power Supply voltages 1phase and 3phase systems
- 3phase squirrel cage motors and starting systems
- Testing 3phase squirrel cage motors for faults .. Assessment
- Electrical Hazards.. protection against Electric Shock
- Isolation and Switching
- Isolation and Switching practice to GS38 .. Assessment
- Devices for circuit protection .. mcb, fuses, TOL, mpcb, rcd
- Control circuit devices and systems, AND, OR, logic and Latch
- Motor Control circuits using IEC symbols
- Motor control circuits practice .. Assessment
Online Course costs ………. £650
1day Assessments in Lancashire (optional) ………. £150
EAL Certification (optional)………….. £55
Prices are subject to Vat